Thursday, January 27, 2011

Hyperplasia

Quiz.
http://www.sport-fitness-advisor.com/images/muscle_anatomy.jpg


Part A: What is Hyperplasia and do you believe it is fact or theory?

Part B: Do our muscles get bigger and stronger from
A) Increased muscle fiber size
B) Increased number of muscle fibers
C) Both increased muscle fiber size and increased number of muscle fibers

Winner deserves a cookie.

Tomorrow's Recess:

1 minute double-unders
30 second rest
1 minute box jumps (I will be jumping up 3 stairs; height will be about 22")
30 second rest
6 rounds

Post your total reps (3 single rope jumps count as one double-under rep)

4 comments:

Elizabeth said...

Neither of these exercises are my strong point-
370 SU but to = 1 DU 123
117 step ups on bench alt. legs

Patrick said...

376 reps.

Jumping up 3 stairs was definitely challenging, but difficult to keep any sort of intensity.

I'm really disappointed with this WOD and I apologize for sending this out on a Friday. Don't worry, I'll make it up to you all.

Jennifer said...

Total: 449
(811 SUs, 179 box jumps)

Per Coach's recommendation, I didn't rest except to write down the number after each round. My box jumps were 8"--too much of a scaredy cat to try the second step.

Brad said...

619 singles = 206 du
149 box jumps