Tuesday, January 25, 2011

Recess Time

When my grade-school classmates were asked what their favorite subject was, they always surprised me with their answer..."Math" said some, others said Science was their favorite, and others liked Social Studies. Uhhhh, duhhh..."anybody ever heard of Recess time", I would say to myself. I looked forward to Recess more than Christmas. Recess time was liberation from the "establishment", it was a bold demonstration of what our bodies were meant to do, and it was vital to my existence. When I got home from school and went out to play, my Mom would tell me to come home and do my homework. I told her I was doing my homework--Recess homework...and I meant it...I had to get ready for tomorrow's Recess time.

I still love Recess and I'm here to say--Recess isn't just for elementary school kids anymore. Recess doesn't have to end when we grow up and my mission is to bring back Recess...a time to escape the "establishment", a time to run, jump, throw, and lift heavy things--a time to do what our bodies were meant to do.

Tomorrow's Recess time:

20 OH Squats
20 push-ups
50 double-unders
5 rounds for time

6 comments:

vandalPT said...

22:30
45# OHS

DU can burn in hell!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
spent most of my time cussing though them.
I'll crank-out 25 unbroken then go by ones.. never been so frustrated with a WOD.

Patrick said...

20:19
75# OHS

Greg, sorry for the DUs, but that's the only way I can beat you.

Brad said...

21:43- no weight on the OH squats and 100 single unders in place of DU. I hate them too, I can't even do them.

Patrick said...

Brad, what does "no weight" mean? Did you just have your arms in the air waving to your neighbors?

Jennifer said...

18:14 scaled
OHS with broom stick, Push ups on knees then incline, 150 SUs

Brad said...

Yep, I was out on my front lawn waving at neighbors while I squated...I think they hate me.

I used a broom stick since I'm just that weak with the OH squats.